Monday, September 3, 2012

Week 5

Our first "official" week of knowing.  We were still in disbelief but so very happy.  We shared the news with our parents and my dear friends Amanda and April.  April, one of my best friends from growing up is also pregnant, 8 weeks ahead of me, and we've had a marvelous time sharing stories.  We met up with Emily on Sunday for America's Cup racing and dinner in Japan Town and share our news over a bowl of ramen by giving her this cute onesie we found in Menlo Park.

Symptoms:
Nothing much.  The biggest symptom is incredible sleepiness.  By 5pm, I am in a desperate need of a nap.  Luckily we live so close to campus, so I can bike home and take a little nap, and then be back in action.  A few evenings though, those 6:30 naps turned into bedtime.. which was fine with me.  I have lots of energy in the morning, and have been running with the dogs.

Cravings/Aversions:
No aversions really.  Occasionally, something will smell terrible, but that only lasts a few seconds.  We walked to fish tacos one night for dinner and I was fairly convinced I couldn't handle them, and then a minute later, they were delicious!  Craving kale and watermelon.  Also lots of hummus.

Getting Ready:
I made an appointment with a OB/GYN for our 8 week appointment.  She got wonderful reviews online and works at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation, which is about 2 blocks from Stanford Campus.  But our delivery would be at Stanford Hospital, which is kind of fun.  I also enrolled in our insurance plans "Prenatal Program" which provides lots of information and books.  Spend a fairly silly amount of time reading about what is going on, but I find it fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment